Project: Malé International Airport Phase IV, Republic of Maldives
Client: Maldives Airports Company Ltd (part financed by Kuwait fund)
Kuwait funded project to expand and upgrade the existing Malé Airport which currently handles 2 million passengers per annum to cater for growth to 5 million passengers per annum. Project value $30m.
Completed 2009. Project included the following:
• Expansion of international terminal and new domestic terminal
• 33m high air traffic control tower in a new complex including Air Traffic Services building
• 9mw Energy Centre to provide power to the airport and adjacent airport hotel
• Complete upgraded radar and VHF system
• Institutional strengthening and training
Consultancy services include:
• Topographical and geotechnical surveys
• Passenger and aircraft movement studies
• Design and preparation of tender documentation
• Tender evaluation and appointment of contractor
• Supervision of construction
• Estimating, quantity surveying and cost control.